Medical Reports »Back to A-Z list
- It will cost you to get a report but it will be money well spent
- If the employee will not co-operate, what next?
- So long as they are aware that their employment could be terminated, there is not much you can do.
- Make sure it’s in your handbook to request such a referral and you have that all- important paper trail
- What about an Employee Assistance Programme?
An independent medical report can be requested by an employer when an employee is on sick leave to ascertain current symptoms, the severity and level of incapacity and prognosis. The employee has to consent to an independent medical report being undertaken.