Employment Law Solicitor - Field based covering Manchester
Location:Manchester Salary:£34000 - £42000 per annum
Employment Law Solicitor / Litigation Consultant - Field based covering the Manchester area
Salary on offer upto £42,000 + company car/car allowance of £4,000
We are looking for a confident, articulate and legally qualified individual who has direct employment law experience. Joining our field team, you will be working with our employment law advice team, the Litigation Executive teams and senior management to assist our members when they receive employment tribunal claims. You will be reponsible for assuming conduct of cases from drafting responses, visiting clients, preparing cases for hearing and representing members in hearings.
Litigation - Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Review allocated claims brought against Members in the Employment Tribunal, in conjunction with the appointed Litigation Executive preparing the case, to include approving the drafted pleadings, bundles of documents and draft witness statements.
- To work within the Successflow case management system and undertake the case preparation tasks assigned. This may include case preparation, which can be from approval of the ET3 Response, or any such point as the case is allocated to you, until conclusion of the case at Tribunal.
- Make early and prompt contact with members to notify the member of conduct of the case and to advise and take instructions from members at the Member visit.
- To advise the Member and witnesses of the Tribunal procedure and what they can expect during the hearing.
- Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and to draft appropriate responses on behalf of members for their approval.
- Prepare any reports for the insurer in respect of any claims as may be required.
- Advise members on the merits of any claims and the prospects of successfully defending claims.
- To discuss with members possible settlement of claims and to provide appropriate advice and guidance.
- Liaise with the Litigation Manager and Indemnity Investigations Team on any cases, in particular indemnified cases, where there are concerns about the prospects of success.
- Conduct any conciliation or settlement negotiations on behalf of the member, in accordance with the Member’s instructions.
- Visit members either at their premises/offices or at the company offices, both Head Office and Regional Offices.
- Identify witnesses and assist in the preparation and drafting of witness statements or evidence in chief for hearing.
- Complete preparation of trial bundles or documents in the appropriate or agreed format for the final hearing.
- To review the insurance position following receipt of full client instructions and liaising with the insurance team in respect of any matters arising.
- Attending and conducting case managements discussions, preliminary hearings, full merits hearings and remedy hearings as and when required at hearing centres in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- Demonstrate commercial knowledge of the Company’s range of services and products and to be able to discuss these with members as appropriate, and to proactively assist in the retention of existing members and to promote new business by obtaining referrals for new members.
- Responsible for ensuring that the requisite knowledge of employment law and technical skills is of the standard required in order to be able to carry out the work and to the standards as outlined in this job description.
You may also be required to attend Tribunal User Group or Employment Law Seminars and meetings from time to time.
These may be outside of normal office hours.
What you Bring to the Team
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Have an approachable and diplomatic manner
- Able to influence and motivate others
- Able to work as part of an extended team
Why join our Team?
This is a high and exciting role within The United Kingdom’s leading HR and employment law company. Our company culture is incredibly supportive and takes employee welfare seriously with a strong emphasis on reward success. You will be working with a great team of colleagues. Next to this, we offer you a competitive salary, training, career development and a dynamic work environment.