Employment Law Solicitor
Location:South West Salary:£35000 per annum
Employment Law Solicitor / Litigation Consultant
Up to £35,000 + company car or £4,000 car allowance
The role requires you to effectively a portfolio of Tribunal cases across the full range of employment law issues.
· Provide appropriate advice to clients on Tribunal matters and maintain effective communications with clients.
· Enter proper pleadings, ensuring all relevant legal arguments are presented.
· Deal with interlocutory matters in accordance with Tribunal rules.
· Prepare cases in timely fashion.
· Effectively represent clients at hearings and contested cases at tribunal.
· Negotiate settlements on behalf of clients as appropriate.
· Comply fully with underwriting / Claims Department requirements.
· Take responsibility for development of skills / knowledge through appropriate reading.
· Identify and manage risks to the client, Croner and the insurer.
· Ensures cases are “red flagged” to Croner management in line with company procedures.
· Provide clear and accurate assessment of prospects within company timescales to include an assessment of whether advice was taken and followed if required.
· Generate sales whenever opportunity arises.
· Ensure time is fully and accurately recorded.
· Carry out any other tasks deemed necessary by the management team.
What you Bring to the Team
· Good advocacy experience in ET
· Employment Law experience
· Demonstrable evidence of ability to handle all types of Employment Tribunal case.
· Relevant professional qualification or degree, legal background is preferred but not essential.
· Willing to undertake cases around UK, holds valid driving licence.
· A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
What will you get in return?
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Birthday off work!
- Perkbox discounts
- Contributory Pension Plan
- Company incentives
- Profit Share scheme
This is a fantastic place to work if you enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning. The culture is fast-paced and busy so we are looking for someone who has a positive and can do attitude.