Health & Safety Adviser - Field based covering central London
Location:South East Salary:£28000 - £32000 per annum
Health and Safety Consultant
Field based - Central London
£28,000 basic salary + £4,000 London Weighting if applicable + company car OR £4,000 car allowance
This role comes with commission and OTE earnings are approx £50,000.
Who we are
Peninsula are the leading provider of employment law and health & safety services in the UK. Established since 1983, we have over 35,000 businesses who have already integrated Peninsula to work as part of their HR and Health and Safety departments. Headquartered in Manchester, Peninsula employs over 1000 people across the UK, Ireland, Australia and Canada.
The SafeCheck Review is a very popular service with our clients. It is a one off health check for businesses on how compliant they are with Health and Safety Legislation, advising on any necessary changes to ensure that the business is operating with H&S in mind. As a Consultant, you will be required to undertake Health & Safety compliance reviews for businesses. The role of the SafeCheck Consultant is to meet with the business owner, understand what they have in place to manage Health & Safety in their work place and conduct an audit evaluating their current levels of compliance. Further to this audit as the Consultant, you will be required to complete an evaluation report for the Client based on their findings, highlighting any risks and making recommendations.
The role requires a mix of commercial and technical skills. The Consultant must be technically strong with good Health & Safety knowledge, but also have the commercial presence to engage with business owners and make recommendations to help them protect their business.
- You will be required to complete an evaluation report for the client based on their findings, highlighting any risks and making recommendations
- Covering an agreed geographical area, meeting with a wide variety of different business owners, in a wide variety of industry sectors.
- It is essential that you are able to adapt to each changing environment and be able to engage with different business owners to identify their individual requirements and demonstrate potential risk to the business through shortcomings in the business owners Health & Safety arrangements
- A primary objective of the role is to demonstrate the value of the full H&S Service and highlight the key reasons that the Client would benefit from our service, without compromising your professional Health & Safety Consultancy objectives
- NEBOSH GENERAL CERTIFICATE / TECH IOSH qualified
- Strong commercial awareness
- Existing experience working within a Health & Safety capacity
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Outstandingly professional at all times.
- Full driving license
- Good PC skills
Following the rapid growth of our health and safety product portfolio, we have an exciting opportunity to expand our team of dedicated SafeCheck Consultants; whose primary objective is to visit and work with existing clients who do not have our full Health & Safety Service. We will support on-going training and development towards relevant Health & Safety qualifications, as well as supporting your career progression as a Health & Safety professional. You can also expect to be financially rewarded for your success with an impressive uncapped commission scheme, 25 holidays per year (plus statutory), car allowance, profit-related pay, child care vouchers plus more!
If you are looking to work for a multi-award winning health & safety service provider offering a competitive salary package and career development, then apply today for more information!