Health & Safety Consultant - Lancaster and surrounding areas
Location:North West Salary:£34000 - £38000 per annum
Job Title: Health and Safety Consultant
Location: Carlisle / Lancaster and surrounding areas
Monday - Friday
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 depending on experience + company car or £4,000 car allowance.
Candidates will need to be Grad IOSH as a minimum + practical H&S experience.
Peninsula are looking for Health & Safety Consultants to join our well established and busy team in various locations across the UK. We offer excellent training and development opportunities for those wanting to working towards CMIOSH. This position provides lots of exposure across various businesses – ideal for someone looking to get into consultancy. You will be working for a market leader providing on-site support to our valued clients with the support of a well established team. We offer continuous development and training opportunities throughout your career at Peninsula to ensure you feel confident and up to date on all H&S matters.
Who we are
Peninsula is the leading provider of Employment Law, Health and Safety and Legal services to SME's in the UK. Established since 1983, we have around 32,000 clients who have already integrated Peninsula to work as part of their HR and Health and Safety departments.
Peninsula employ around 1,500 people across the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada and we are always looking to expand the team with the very best professionals from HR, Health and Safety and Legal backgrounds to come work with us and support our clients.
The position of Health and Safety Consultant is a field based role where you will work from home and provide Health and Safety support to clients who are a commutable distance from your home. You will visit the premises to assess current health and safety processes, make recommendations, create and implement an effective health and safety system and be available for general advice and support. Peninsula don't specialise in a particular industry so you will have fantastic exposure which will definitely benefit anyone looking to get in to consultancy.
- Conduct Health & Safety surveys of clients' premises
- Create and implement relevant H&S policies and management systems for the client
- Developing strong client relationships and rapport
- Advising clients in the use of their health and safety management system to ensure it becomes part of their day-to-day business
- Liaising with Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required
- Advising our clients on matters of Health & Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
- The undertaking of accident investigations to assist our clients as require
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Grad IOSH as a minimum + practical H&S experience
- Strong interpersonal & time management skills
- Current driver's license
Peninsula has been voted one of the best companies to work for two years in a row by the Glassdoor Awards and our field based roles offer autonomy and fantastic variety so you are continuously learning. The benefits package for our Health and safety Consultants include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays - rising with years service to 27 days after 2 years service and 28 days after 5 years.
- Birthday off work!
- Profit-related pay up to 6% (non-contractual)
- Uncapped commission for new client referrals
- Company pension scheme
- CPD focussed workshops throughout the year to develop skills, experience and best practice
- Company Car or car allowance