Location:Manchester Salary:£35000 - £45000 per annum
Salary up to £45,000 (dependant on experience) + Excellent Benefits Package
Manchester based – City Centre
Peninsula is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 30,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing ICT Department based in Manchester. Reporting to the Group IT Infrastructure Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the network infrastructure and will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Infrastructure, Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
The Network Manager is responsible for working with all departments and businesses throughout the group. You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges every day. Due to the nature of this role, several years’ experience is necessary to help support the department.
The key objectives of your role are:
- To ensure that the Head of IT Service Delivery and the Group IT Infrastructure Manager are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
- To ensure that all network related services are documented and that the team are equipped to support them.
- Work alongside the InfoSec Team to ensure all existing and new networks and associated services are inherently secure and comply with or exceed industry standards and best practices.
- To provide critical incident management response and ownership, controlling and coordinating necessary activities to restore service and deliver root cause fixes and preventative solutions
- Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
- Network Capacity Management
- Service availability to ensure network infrastructure and related equipment are available to SLAs
- Business continuity and disaster recovery relating to network services
- Resolution of escalated issues and problems from the Service Desk
- Provision and upgrades of core network systems including hardware installations and software configurations
- Manage internal & external network equipment and services including 3rd party agreements and services
- Pro-active Monitoring of network to identify issues before they cause incidents
- Demonstrable experience of working in a complex network environment comprising of a multi-site enterprise network.
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting complex network solutions.
- Expert knowledge of Wide Area Networks (WANs) and their associated technologies including WAN optimisation
- Expert knowledge of Local Area Networks (LANs) and their associated technologies
- Expert knowledge of firewalls and associated technologies – management and configuration (Juniper, Fortinet, Sophos)
- Expert knowledge of Network Security technologies and platforms – network, VPN, web, email, remote access, BYOD etc.
- Expert knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, CIDR/VLSM, sub-netting, and IP address allocation best practices
- Strong experience with HP Procurve Networking
- Strong experience of Cisco routing and switching
- Strong experience of industry standard networking services including DHCP, DNS, NTP, SNMP, SMTP, S/FTP, Netflow etc.
- Hardware Load balancing technologies including F5 BigIP Load Balancers
- Storage Networking
- Site to Site VPN and SSL VPN technologies
- Perimeter Security and Remote Access
- Experience managing a multi-network WiFi estate
- Mobile Device Management
- Understanding of DMZ environments
- Network and performance monitoring
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- ITIL experience.
What’s on offer?
We have an exceptional benefits package, which includes 25 days holiday (rising to 27 days after 2 years service) your Birthday off and market leading bonus schemes. The Company is keen to ensure on-going development of skills and knowledge within the ICT Department and offers great training and development opportunities as part of the standard salary package. Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by massive investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professessional?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click on the link to apply today.