Reporter - Croner-i
Location:London Salary:£25000 - £28000 per annum
Salary on offer upto £28,000
A new opportunity has opened up within our team for a Junior Reporter. We are looking for someone who is looking to launch their career within journalism. The ideal person will be comfortable working within a fast-moving environment as there are constant deadlines to reach.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in business-to-business journalism and will be keen to work in a fast-moving sector specialising in tax, accounting, audit and pensions. They must be able to absorb complex technical information and produce news and features in an accessible writing style to reach a wide audience targeting finance teams in businesses and a cross-section of accountants and tax advisers at accounting firms. Our website for you to look over and gain an insight into what we currently write about is www.accountancydaily.co
- Sourcing and writing your own news stories
- Summarising parliamentary committee hearings
- Reporting on major tax and Budget announcements
- Producing daily newsletters and managing and uploading articles to the website, including news and features, monthly updates and regular columns from commentators.
What you bring to the team:
- Strong grounding in journalism, with reporting experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to follow house style
- Knowledge of using content management systems for real-time publishing
- Experience of social media to generate website traffic and source leads
- Strong research skills and ability to review lengthy technical documents and consultations
- Confident team player with strong communication skills
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator would be an advantage, but training will be provided
The modern, central London office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.
Benefits of joining our team include enrolment into our profit share scheme, company pension, on-site gym, exclusive Perkbox discounts and access to our Employee Assistance Programme.