• Login to your BusinessWise account
• Navigate to the EmployWise section by clicking on the tab on the grey navigation bar on screen (under the BusinessWise logo)
• Once in the EmployWise section, the static menu bar gives you access to all of the EmployWise tools quickly and easily. The menu bar is organised into three sections Employees, Advice and Documents.
• The Absences option can be located in the left hand section (Employees) of this menu. Click on Absences to access the Absence Management screen.
• Once in the Absence management screen the ‘Daily Absences’ section is displayed. To add a Holiday, first locate the name of the employee by using the drop-down list on the left of the screen – highlight the name of the employee and click on the green ‘Create New Employee Absence Period’ link.
• The data entry fields are then displayed allowing you to enter the start and end date of the holiday. This can be done manually or by using the Calendar feature. The number of days absent should be entered into the ‘Working Days Absent’ field.
• Select Holiday from the list in the ‘Reasons’ drop-down field then click update.
• This Holiday will then be updated within the Employee Record to count down the individual’s holiday entitlement. It will also populate all management reports ensuring that your records remain consistent and up-to-date.
If you are a Peninsula client and are not yet taking advantage of the BusinessWise complimentary service, or you are a BusinessWise user who requires more information on any issue raised in this article, please contact the BusinessWise Helpdesk on 0844 892 2780 Monday – Friday 9am-5.30pm where a member of the team will on hand to assist.
BusinessWise offers a range of tools and features to registered users to assist in managing the ongoing obligations associated with running an effective and legally-compliant business and is provided as part of our portfolio of consultancy services. If you are not yet a Peninsula client, simply go to www.pbsnet.com and click on ‘Contact Us’ to get in touch.