As a business owner, there’s always a reason why you decided to set up on your own and take the risk the pursue your own personal vision. Whether it was a great idea that no one else had come up with before, a new way of doing things that would improve on existing methods, or simply a desire to be your own boss and make your own money, everyone has a story as to why and how they ended up running their own company.
One of the major reasons our clients join Peninsula when they initially encounter employment law or business safety issues is that these situations take up vast amounts of their time. They didn’t set up a business to worry about employment law problems or to have sleepless nights because they’re concerned whether they have covered the latest changes in business safety legislation.
But that’s exactly the position in which many of our clients found themselves when they first decided to call us. Instead of growing their businesses, developing their products and investing in their teams; instead of making their business ideas become reality, they were side tracked by worrying about other issues.
That’s where we can help. We take away all the worry. Our clients tell us so every single day and we have fantastic testimonials from them to show it. We free you up to concentrate on building your business, on growing your idea, on simply doing what you’re best at. We hold your hand every step of the way. We implement the systems and we’re at the end of the phone for any concerns, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day; we know every change in legislation, we’ve seen every situation going and we represent you should things ever escalate. Plus, we indemnify you if you’ve followed our advice. It’s a win-win from an employer’s perspective for a fraction of the cost of a solicitor.
I asked our employment law and business safety teams to let me know of some of the key questions we see from our clients, day in, day out, time and time again. Have a look through them and see what you think. If you don’t have an answer to any of these questions, or if you don’t have systems in place to deal with them, then you’re exposed. It’s that simple.
- How much do I currently pay my employees who are 25+?
- How should I calculate holiday pay?
- Am I allowed to monitor my employee’s personal emails?
- How should I manage long term sickness absence?
- What should I do if someone comes to me with an accusation of discrimination?
- Have I formally assessed the risks to my workforce whilst at work? Are those risks adequately controlled? Do I know the standards?
- Is there an asbestos management plan in place for my premises? Or am I sure that the premises are free from asbestos containing materials?
- Do I know what substances hazardous to health are used in my business? Do any of these require health surveillance? Is it in place?
- Do I have a system for recording and investigating accidents and injuries at work? Can I demonstrate that we learn from such incidents? Do I have evidence to refute personal injury claims?
- Have I complied with statutory requirements for test and examination of equipment and training where they apply?
If you have any concerns when you look through this list and if you want peace of mind about these issues, then why not give us a call for an introductory chat to see how we might be able to help? For employment law queries
call 0800 028 2420
and for business safety call 0844 892 2785.