Health and safety training
Why do smart employers invest in health and safety training? Because not only is a safer business a successful business, but proper health and safety training is a legal requirement. Ensuring your business has the proper training protocols, and all employees have the required level of training to work safely, is non-negotiable.
Every province has specific regulations with which employers must comply. Above all, it is important to understand the health and safety laws applicable for your small business:
- Ontario employers must follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Alberta employers must follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Occupational Health and Safety Code
- British Columbia employers must follow the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR)
All employees should be concerned with health and safety in the workplace. However, as an employer, you are most responsible for abiding by the laws.
Why it is important
Many small business owners do not know the full extent of their training obligations. No matter the province, occupational health and safety standards require that all workers in any size business receive general health and safety awareness training. Employers also must provide training for various other workplace issues, depending on their industry.
Peninsula can support your business
Our experts are available to help with all health and safety training requirements, such as:
- Certified training for dedicated health and safety representatives and joint health & safety committee members
- Working at heights training
- Training on how to properly store and handle hazardous materials and designated substances
- Other training requirements that health and safety legislation enforce
In addition, we can work with your business to create and implement proper health and safety programs and policies. You may also use our feedback to supplement existing training programs, further helping workers follow the rules and procedures.
This is another example of the power of Peninsula. We are your one-stop shop for human resources, employment and health and safety concerns.
A core part of your business
Speak to a health and safety advisor today to discuss your training options. Contact our experts at: 1 (833) 247-3652.