Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) products include all the benefits expected of an EAP, while adding value for employees through online health and fitness assessments and management, as well as Stress Audit and Management information to assist employers.
The Peninsula Health Assured EAP provides peace of mind for employees, through the provision of empathic counselling and robust tax, legal and medical information services, together with an easy-to-use Online Health Assessment tool. The employer will benefit from significant cost savings, whilst having the opportunity to promote the additional benefits of a far superior EAP to staff.
Why introduce an Employee Assistance Programme?
The average working week is 40 hours long, so many of your employees may find they spend more time at work than at home; some might even talk more to their colleagues and managers than to their family and friends. It therefore makes sense for employers to offer their staff support, and help look after their physical and mental wellbeing, through the framework of an EAP.
Your employees work hard for you. An EAP is one way of ensuring they can continue to do so. By combating stress and reducing absences, the employee assistance programme could help drive efficiency and lower your costs in the long run. Furthermore, knowing they have the support of their employer in difficult times could improve employee loyalty and performance.
Give staff support in their time of need
Of course, it’s no use expecting an employee assistance programme to magically make your business a happy place to work. The employer has a duty – legal as well as moral – to prevent things like accidents, discrimination, workplace bullying and unfair treatment from occurring. Peninsula clients can access several services to complement the EAP, including:
- Expert employment law advice, through the online resource centre or the 24-hour hotline
- A review of your workplace safety policy, and the introduction of a bespoke health and safety management system
- Employment law training for employers and managers, explaining how to adhere to the law while safeguarding the employer/employee relationship
The end result should be a safe workplace, fair treatment for all, and most importantly, happy employees.
An exclusive benefit within the Health Assured EAP – providing the first proactive intervention within an EAP, to manage Stress related.
If an employee experiences an episode of absence linked to Stress, or a Mental Health condition, which is due to exceed a period of 21 days, we will provide additional support, within the fixed cost of the Plan, as follows:
- We will provide active support to the employee, in addition to the Counselling services, included within the EAP element of the cover.
- A suitably qualified Occupational Health Nurse will engage with the individual in order to understand their needs and any treatment or advice that has been given to them.
- Our National Network of Occupational Health Physicians will assess and support individuals – assisting to establish the required treatment plan. All reports are peer reviewed by our employed senior Occupational Health Physicians.
Reasons for an Employee Assistance Programme
Reasons To Select Peninsula’s Health Assured programme
Superior Benefits Provide Greater Support & Deliver Enhanced Productivity
Health Assured is the only EAP provider in the UK to be fully endorsed by The Stress Management Society, The UK’s Leading Not For Profit Stress Management Organisation
- The only stand alone EAP Provider to be regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and as such work within a transparent, ethical and robust framework at all times.
- The only Provider to offer 8 sessions of Face to Face Counselling as standard, against an outdated market figure of 5 or 6
- Health Assured include CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) within the Face to Face Sessions
- The Only EAP Provider to include a HSE Compliant Stress Coaching and Lifestyle tool within core services.
- Online Health Assessments. A recent study showed that 30% of users felt significantly healthier, and had better lifestyle habits within just 90 days… impacting on productivity levels
- Active Care. The only EAP to offer Day 1, proactive intervention for stress related absence – proven to reduce sickness absence and prevent litigation
Instant Access and unlimited use of Online Health Assessment, which includes Fitness and Nutritional Advice, Health Information Sheets and progress charts. A motivational and engaging Health and Lifestyle resource, encouraging active health promotion and wellness – a key function recognised in reducing absence levels in the workplace.
- 24 hour access to Telephone Support Lines, including BACP Accredited counsellors. Issues addressed include :
- Alcohol / Drugs
- Work related problems
- Domestic Abuse / Violence
- Family issues
- General Finance
- General Information
- Legal Advice (Excluding Employment Law)
- Medical Information