The Government has confirmed a reopening schedule for business and society over the next two months. Taoiseach Micheál Martin announced the latest plan, ‘Recovery and Resilience: The Path Ahead’, which provides business owners with clear timelines to prepare for reopening.
Key reopening dates
Below are the key reopening dates business owners should be mindful of:
- Tuesday, May 4th: Construction and those who work outdoors e.g., window cleaners, can return to work.
- Monday, May 10th: Intercounty travel will be permitted. Hairdressers and beauticians, along with museums, libraries, and galleries can reopen. Outdoor and ‘Click and Collect’ retail also permitted. Outdoor training can resume with a maximum of 15 people.
- Monday, May 17th: Retail fully reopens.
- Wednesday, June 2nd: Subject to public health situation at the time, B&Bs, guesthouses, and hotels can reopen.
- Monday, June 7th: Subject to public health situation at the time, outdoor hospitality (including pubs) can reopen. Cinemas, gyms, leisure centres, and swimming pools can also reopen.
Some key dates of the ‘Recovery and Resilience: The Path Ahead’ plan are subject to the public health situation at the time. While it’s possible certain reopening dates may be reviewed, it’s important to prepare your business and employees now for getting back to work.
Business supports available to business owners
Financial supports remain available during the recovery process to help employers get their staff back to work. Guidance and supports for businesses will be provided at each stage to ensure safe reopening.
Businesses currently availing of COVID-19 Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) may soon be able to reopen as restrictions ease. These businesses will be able to avail of double restart week payments for two weeks subject to the statutory maximum of €5,000 per week. This will support them in meeting the costs of reopening as they exit the scheme.
Managing the vaccine rollout in your business
Our free online tool VaccTrak Lite will help you keep track of who’s had the COVID-19 vaccine in your business.
VaccTrak Lite allows you to:
- Update your employee profiles to easily record who’s had the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Download regular reports to see exactly who’s been vaccinated, so you can keep your people safe during the vaccine roll-out.
- Download professional letter templates to encourage your staff to have the vaccine.
- Access our exclusive vaccine awareness course. Share it with your staff to educate them on the vaccine and answer any complex questions.
Need our help reopening your business?
We’re all excited to get our workplaces back open but it’s also important to do so safely and in line with Government health advice.
For expert advice on reopening, whether it’s a HR or health & safety issue, speak with one of our advisors today on 1890 252 923.