Business Development Manager
Location:Vancouver Salary:CAD60000 per annum
Peninsula Employment Services Limited | Business Development Manager | Department: Field Sales | Location: Kelowna, BC
Salary: $60,000 Basic (plus commission) | $85,000 First year guaranteed | Excellent earning potential - Base + uncapped commission
Peninsula Employment Services Limited (“Peninsula”) is a provider of external human resources solutions, including
employment relations advice, health and safety advice and legal support, to small and medium-sized businesses located
throughout Canada. Peninsula is a division of Peninsula Business Services Limited, based in Manchester, England. Peninsula currently operates in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and most recently, Canada, and employs over 1,500 people globally. Peninsula opened its Canadian office in September 2017 and has quickly become one of the fastest growing companies in Ontario and Alberta.
The Role of Business Development Manager
Job Purpose: Achieve sales targets through the development of self-generated business using third-party introducers, referrals and working closely with the internal Telemarketing department.
Job Overview: We’re looking for a dynamic, motivated, high performing new Business Development professional, selling Employment Law outsourcing solutions to the SME sector (1-50 employee businesses). The ideal candidate with have a proven track record in sales and new business generation. Industry experience is not required as full training is provided, but high energy, target focus and a consultative ‘value based’ selling style are a pre-requisite for the job.
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and attend meetings with potential introducers ad referral partners.
- Self-generate new leads, appointments and referrals through day to day new business activity.
- Attend sales appointments booked by your Telemarketing partner.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Accurately build, manage and maintain your sales pipeline.
- Thrive on working in a fast paced, target focussed high energy and high rewarding culture.
- 2 years plus track record of selling in a B2B environment (Industry experience NOT required).
- Confident in value based/consultative selling.
- Ability to sell to different audiences including Business Owners, Board of Directors and HR Managers.
- Proven sales experience in the B2B sectors (industry experience not required)
- A mature approach to intelligent consultative selling
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and tenacious attitude and an unyielding passion for success
- Extensive social and business networks
- Target driven and total focus on achieving targets and helping grow business
- An outside the box, pro-active approach to self-generate new business through activity, referrals and
- Class G Driver’s license
Peninsula has been voted one of the best companies to work for two (2) years in a row by the Glassdoor Awards.
Peninsula is a rapidly growing global company and intends to expand its operations to western Canada in 2019.
Peninsula is a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture.
Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection process.