Helping manufacturing businesses succeed
Working in manufacturing means daily deadlines and targets. And when you’re trying to boost productivity, you don’t always have time to shift through paperwork and policies.
That’s why we’re here to help. You can outsource your HR and health & safety to our consultants and get expert advice whenever you like.
Manufacturing can be a risky business
From fire risks to dangerous substances, it can feel like you’re always juggling risks in the manufacturing industry.
In fact, 13.5% of all annual fatal injuries take place in the manufacturing industry.
When accidents happen, the legal responsibility lies with the employer – so it’s important to do all you can to prevent any risks.
With so many hazards to consider, Peninsula is here to make life easy. Our health & safety experts can support your risk assessments, write your health & safety policies, and provide you 24/7 advice – whenever you need it.
AFF is currently 80% compliant and we are confident that we will be 100% soon. The Peninsula BSO system has played a major part in achieving this with the writing of risk assessments and the resources available in relation to documentation. Toby has assisted and advised in the writing of a number of policies and procedures and provides a valuable review of anything that I have written myself.
Since our partnership with Peninsula, accidents have dropped by 50% with active hazard reporting increasing by 250%. There is a marked change in the H&S culture at AFF, with good lines of communication across the business and the Peninsula BSO system plays a major part in this success. We have a long way to go but have come a long way in a short period of time and I am sure that this was due to our partnership with Peninsula.
EHS & CI Manager - Abergavenny Fine Foods (AFF)
See how our HR and health & safety services can help you save time:
On-site audit and risk assessment
Our consultants will identify your workplace risks and provide you with your next steps.
- No-nonsense advice – we won’t use any complex health & safety jargon.
- Protect your people – we’ll identify any hazards so your staff can get the job done safely.
- Meet HSE standards – with our support, you can be confident your business is both safe and compliant.
Policies and documentation
We’ll write your HR and health & safety policies for you – meaning you can spend more time focusing on your targets.
- Reduce risks – share the policies with your staff so they can protect themselves.
- Save time – we’ll do all the time-consuming paperwork for you.
- Avoid claims – our legal experts will write policies that protect your business.
Check in with your local health & safety consultant for a yearly review.
- Annual check-ins – make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest HSE guidelines.
- Personalised support– no matter how your business changes, we’ll make sure you’re always safe and compliant.
Our time-saving tools take the hassle out of managing health & safety duties.
- Risk assessments made simple – use our step-by-step guides and handy templates.
- Safe and secure – store everything in one place and never lose paperwork again.
- Boost your skills with online training – learn the latest guidance on the go.
BrightSafe health & safety app
The BrightSafe app helps you deal with health & safety duties at the touch of a button.
- Reduce risk in real-time – check for hazards and see whether you need to act.
- Stay on top of your deadlines – see which tasks you need to complete.
- Learn on the go – stay up-to-date with the latest guidelines.
- Advice at the touch of a button – get expert help, wherever you are.
24/7 advice service
Call our HR or health & safety consultants at a time that suits you.
- Unlimited support – you can access our advice as many times as you like.
- 24/7 helpline – day or night, you can call us whenever you need our support.
- No outsourcing – whether you have a staff concern or health & safety query, you’ll always speak to our in-house experts.
We’ll help you remove the risk of asbestos in your premises.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Health & safety experts will advise the best course of action for your business.
We make sure everything we do meets the right ISO standards.
- ISO 45001 guidelines – so you never need to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
- ISO accreditation support – our consultants can review your documents and plan your next steps.
Protect your business with BrightSafe
Managing risk in manufacturing can feel like an impossible task. On top of general workplace health & safety duties, there are lots of additional manufacturing hazards you need to prevent:
- Falls from height
- Fires and explosion
- Manual handling
- Pressure systems
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Vehicle movements
But with the right tools by your side, it doesn’t need to be difficult. BrightSafe gives you everything you need to keep your people safe. From instant risk assessments to expert support at your fingertips, BrightSafe takes the hassle out of health & safety.
And when you need advice, you can be confident you’re in the right hands. Our consultants are all members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
We’ll make your employee issues our priority
In manufacturing, you often need to stick to a tight schedule. So when your staff come to you with concerns, it can be hard to find the time to offer the right support.
Here are a few of the most common HR issues in manufacturing:
- Calculating annual leave for employees who work shifts
- Managing holiday pay when an employee does overtime – whether voluntarily or not
- Being aware of how discrimination and harassment can take place
- Dealing with shortages of work
From offering 24/7 advice to writing your employee policies for you, we’ll help you manage your staff – without all the time-consuming admin.