Expert support for the motor industry
From dealing with staff conduct issues to removing workplace hazards, we’re here to help keep your business risk free.
It’s why garages, car dealerships, and vehicle recovery businesses all over the UK trust Peninsula for HR and health & safety support.
Dealing with vehicles can be dangerous work…
That’s why motor vehicle repairs, sales, servicing and recovery sectors face serious scrutiny from Enforcing Authorities.
And as the legal responsibility for health & safety lies with the employer, it’s why you need to do all you can to protect your staff from harm. The good news is, you don’t have to do it alone.
From supporting your risk assessments to creating your health & safety policies, our team of motor industry experts are here to reduce your risk of claims, fees, fines, statutory notices, or prosecution. And most importantly, we help you keep your people safe.
That’s why hundreds of motor sector businesses across the UK already trust Peninsula to keep them safe and successful. Find out how we can do the same for you.
Peninsula’s health and safety support has been hugely beneficial to our business. Our annual review is conducted seamlessly, with an understanding of our environment and needs.
Their software enables us to reach a host of valuable resources and tools, from an online library to creating our own bespoke documents. Automated reminders are easily delegated so no task is forgotten. A worthwhile investment that I’d absolutely recommend.
Taylor Protective Coatings Ltd
Enjoy a range of HR and health & safety services for your sector
On-site audits and assessment
Our consultants will visit your premises and help keep your people safe.
- Industry experts – we know how to reduce risks specific to motor businesses.
- Prevent accidents – avoid falling behind your targets and keep your staff on the job.
- Stay compliant – with our support, you can be confident you’ll pass every inspection.
Policies and documentation
We write your HR and health & safety policies and documents for you to:
- Reduce your legal risk – stay compliant with watertight polices and processes.
- Save time – outsource the time-consuming paperwork to us.
- Avoid claims – make sure your policies protect your business.
Make sure your business is up-to-date and compliant with a yearly review.
- Annual check-ins – we’ll adapt our support around your business, no matter how you’ve changed.
- Friendly experts – our consultants always make sure you’re happy with your service.
Secure software that helps you manage your health & safety tasks.
- Easy risk assessments – use our guides and templates to prevent risk in your workplace.
- Store everything in one place – keep your policies online with our secure database.
- Boost your skills – learn the latest guidance online whenever it suits you.
BrightSafe health & safety app
Get expert support at the touch of a button with the BrightSafe app.
- Reduce risk in real-time – upload images of potential risks and see if you need to act.
- Never miss a deadline – set reminders to review your risk assessments.
- Learn the latest laws – stay up-to-date with training on the go.
24/7 advice service
Call our HR and health & safety consultants at a time that suits you.
- Unlimited support – you can access our advice as many times as you like.
- 24/7 helpline – call us whenever you need our support.
- UK-based advisors – all your health & safety issues are resolved in-house.
We’ll help you remove the risk of asbestos from your premises.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Our health & safety experts will talk you through your best course of action.
We’ll make sure you meet ISO requirements – and we can help you become accredited, too.
- ISO 45001 standards – we adapt our advice around HSE-approved guidelines.
- ISO accreditation support – get your qualification with help and feedback from our experts.
Worry-free health & safety with BrightSafe
When you’re running small business – or your schedule is tight – you don’t always have the time or staff to manage health & safety. That’s where we come in.
Our consultants are all members of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). So you receive expert advice whenever you need it – without trying to wrap your head around complex health & safety rules
We take a proactive approach to reducing risk in your business, helping you meet your legal duties associated with:
|Falls from height||Electric & hybrid cars|
|Slips, trips, and falls||Lone working|
|Manual handling||Petrol and vehicle movement|
|Working under vehicles||Welding and flame cutting|
|Fires and explosions||Hazardous substances|
And with BrightSafe, software it’s simple to stay on top of everyday health & safety duties. Whether you’re using failproof step-by-step guides or learning the latest guidance online, you can stay safe with confidence.
Hands-on HR support for your business
When time and resources are tight, employment law issues might not be your main concern.
But without the right care and attention, you could risk a high staff turnover – or even a costly employment tribunal. Here are a few of the most common HR issues in the motor industry:
- Terms of employment and commission
- Bonus structure and impact on holiday pay
- Preventing discrimination and harassment
- Managing unconscious bias
- Managing timekeeping and absence
Our HR experts are here to help you manage your people. With our 24/7 support line, you can speak to qualified consultants whenever you need them. From calculating sick pay to hiring new staff, we’re here to help you overcome whatever workplace issue you face.
And our support doesn’t end there. Because we even create your employee documents, so you’re free to spend more time taking your business from strength to strength.