Expert support for transport and warehousing
While you travel far and wide, we’ll be here to deliver health & safety and HR support.
Over 1,000 transport and warehousing businesses trust Peninsula to reduce their risk. And when our consultants receive five-star feedback every day, it’s no wonder.
Taking the risk out of the transport business
According to HSE, 10% of all fatal accidents occur in the transport and warehousing industry. From moving vehicles to falls from height, it can be a dangerous business.
And as a business owner, there’s a lot at stake. When something goes wrong, you’re legally responsible – so you need to do all you can to make sure your premises are safe, and your team follow health & safety policies.
The HSE will carry out inspections to see if your business is compliant. Unsafe equipment or insufficient policies could mean you face prosecution. And when guilty cases lead to fines averaging £190,000, you can’t afford to get health & safety wrong.
From guiding you through risk assessments to offering 24/7 support, we’ll help you pass every health & safety inspection
Running a busy business knowing that you have the support of an expert at hand 24 hours a day is an invaluable service. The on-site audits of a fresh pair of eyes offer the extra support to make sure that you are both safe and fully compliant with the ever changing times.
Mike Griffiths - Director
F Griffiths & Sons
See how our health & safety and HR services help you stay risk-free:
On-site audit and risk assessment
A qualified consultant will visit your warehouse and provide the support you need to stay safe.
- Protect your team – make sure your employees can carry out their work safely.
- Avoid injury claims – remove hazards in your warehouse and protect your business.
- Meet HSE rules – we’ll help you pass every inspection.
Policies and documentation
We’ll write your health & safety and HR policies for you – so you won’t need to worry about admin and paperwork.
- Policies that suit you – we’ll adapt our support around your industry.
- Save time – we’ll take care of the time-consuming paperwork.
- Stay compliant – our experts make sure your policies meet all the right standards.
Get the reassurance and advice you need for each year of your service.
- Annual check-ins – however HSE regulations change, we’ll make sure you’re always compliant.
- Tailored advice – our consultants understand your industry and help you with any specific concerns.
BrightSafe software helps you keep on top of your health & safety duties.
- Create risk assessments – save time with our step-by-step guides and templates.
- Store policies safely – never lose track of your documents with our secure system.
- Learn online – stay up to speed with the latest regulations with e-learning courses.
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage your health & safety tasks on the go with the BrightSafe app.
- Identify hazards in real-time – and instantly know whether you need to act.
- See which assessments need completing – so you will never miss a deadline.
- Complete e-learning courses on the go – at a time that suits you.
- Speak to experts instantly – wherever you are.
24/7 advice service
Enjoy access to unlimited 24/7 health & safety or HR advice from our consultants.
- Call as many times as you need – we won’t put a limit on the support you can receive.
- 24/7 support – even if you call during the night shift, we’ll be here to help.
- UK-based advisors – enjoy quality advice from a consultant who’s local to you.
We’ll help you remove the risk of asbestos from your premises.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Our health & safety experts will talk you through your best course of action.
We’ll make sure you meet ISO requirements – and we can help you become accredited, too.
- We follow ISO 45001 standards – so you never need to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
- Become ISO accredited – our consultants can provide feedback and guidance to help you with your qualification.
Save time and reduce risk with BrightSafe
Managing your health & safety doesn’t need to be time-consuming and difficult. BrightSafe software is designed to take the hassle out of protecting your people and staying compliant.
With handy templates and step-by-step guides, you can effortlessly create risk assessments. You can record any accidents online and securely store your health & safety polices in one place. And you can even identify hazards on the go with the BrightSafe app.
You can also speak to an expert at the touch of a button – whenever you need support. Our consultants specialise in helping transport and warehousing business owners protect their people.
And as they’re all members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), you can be confident you’re getting expert support to stay compliant.
Enjoy hands-on HR support
When your team are working across the UK or abroad, it’s not always easy to stay on top of employee issues. And without dedicated support, you could risk facing a costly tribunal or dispute.
To help you resolve any staff issues, our HR consultants are here to help. They know the transport industry and can help you deal with specific concerns, like:
- Pre-employment checks
- Dealing with employees who lose their licence or receive a driving ban
- Keeping to maximum working hours
- Managing behaviour with customers on client sites
- Calculating annual leave and shift patterns
But our support doesn’t end there. From guiding you through the redundancy process to representing you at a tribunal, our consultants are trained in every area of employment law.
With access to our 24/7 helpline, you can always get the help you need. You can even save time on paperwork and outsource your policies to us – because why leave it to anyone else but the UK’s leading experts?