Helping vets stay safe and risk-free
Working with animals is rewarding work. But when you’re running a small practice, meeting health & safety and HR requirements can take up far too much time.
Our consultants are trained to help vets remove hazards and manage their people. It means you can focus on providing pets with the care they need – without worrying about your legal risk.
Reducing the risk in your veterinary centre
When you care for animals, every day can bring a new challenge. From dealing with unpredictable animals to performing surgery, there are lots of potential health & safety hazards.
Without proper health & safety guidelines or safe and approved equipment, your employees could seriously injure themselves. And as an employer, it’s up to you to take every step to protect your team from harm.
Our qualified consultants can guide you through risk assessments to help you manage hazards like toxic substances or animal bites.
And we won’t stop there – we can create your health & safety policies and offer 24/7 expert support.
See how our health & safety and HR services can free you from risk:
On-site audit and risk assessment
A qualified consultant will visit your veterinary centre and provide the support you need to stay safe.
- Protect your team – make sure your employees can carry out their work safely.
- Avoid accidents – remove hazards in your veterinary centre and protect your business.
- Meet HSE rules – we’ll help you remove risk and pass every inspection.
Policies and documentation
We’ll create bespoke health & safety and HR policies around your business.
- Tailored around you – our guidelines are designed to help vets like you.
- Save time – we’ll take care of the time-consuming paperwork.
- Stay compliant – our experts make sure your policies meet the right standards.
Get the reassurance and advice you need for each year of your service.
- Annual check-ins – however HSE regulations change, we’ll make sure you’re always compliant.
- Tailored advice – our consultants understand your industry and help you with any specific concerns.
BrightSafe software helps you keep on top of your health & safety duties.
- Create risk assessments – save time with our step-by-step guides and templates.
- Store policies safely – never lose track of your documents with our secure system.
- Learn online – stay up to speed with the latest regulations with e-learning courses.
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage your health & safety tasks on the go with the BrightSafe app.
- Identify hazards in real-time – and instantly know whether you need to act.
- See which assessments need completing – so you will never miss a deadline.
- Complete e-learning courses on the go – at a time that suits you.
- Speak to experts instantly – wherever you are.
24/7 advice service
Enjoy access to unlimited 24/7 health & safety or HR advice from our consultants.
- Unlimited advice – we won’t put a cap on the support you can receive.
- 24/7 support – even if you call during the night shift, we’ll be here to help.
- UK-based advisors – enjoy advice from a local consultant who knows the challenges you face.
We’ll help you remove the risk of asbestos from your premises.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Our health & safety experts will talk you through your best course of action.
We’ll make sure you meet ISO requirements – and we can help you become accredited, too.
- We follow ISO 45001 standards – so you never need to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
- Become ISO accredited – our consultants can provide feedback and guidance to help you with your qualification.
Health & safety is effortless with BrightSafe
Along with our 24/7 support, you can also enjoy hassle-free health & safety with BrightSafe. Designed with simplicity in mind, BrightSafe gives you the power to manage your health & safety at the touch of a button.
Whether you’re creating risk assessments with our guides and templates or reporting accidents online, you can rely on our secure cloud-based software. It means you’ll never lose track of your deadlines or policies – you’ll find everything you need in one place.
And with BrightSafe, you can speak to an expert in just a click. Our consultants are all members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). You can get advice whenever you need it – whether it’s five in the morning or over the bank holiday.
Manage your people with award-winning HR support
It’s your job to deal with animals. And it’s our job to take the hassle out of managing your people.
That’s why our HR consultants are here to handle your most common employee issues:
- Pre-employment checks
- Dealing with capability and continuing qualifications
- Managing mental health
- Annual leave and holiday pay
- Family friendly entitlements
Whatever you’re dealing with, you can relax knowing you have award-winning experts on your side. And whether we’re representing you in a tribunal or offering redundancy advice, our consultants make sure you’re always compliant and never at risk.
As a Peninsula HR client, you can enjoy 24/7 access to our helpline. Plus, you can save time and leave all your policies and paperwork to us.