Here to support the hair and beauty industry
Whether you work in a salon or visit your clients, we’ll take the hassle out of your HR and health & safety.
Our consultants support hundreds of hair and beauty businesses across the UK. And to help keep your workplace safe and compliant, we can do the same for you.
Protect your people with Peninsula
The beauty sector is one of the most accident-prone industries.
And when something goes wrong, the legal responsibility and accountability for health and safety lies with you – the employer.
This means you have a duty of care to protect your staff and anyone else who deals with your business. That includes:
- Self-employed (including people who rent chairs for their business)
- Members of the public
You should take steps to protect these people from anything that could harm them.
The local authorities and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will regularly check to see if your workplace is safe.
If your workplace isn’t safe, you could face high legal costs or fines. So it couldn’t be more important to follow health & safety guidelines – for both your people and your business.
To avoid any disputes, our consultants can identify workplace hazards and protect your business with expert policies. And with our 24/7 helpline, you can speak to a qualified consultant whenever you need support.
Our experience with health and safety has been nothing short of outstanding. Action plans formulated by the health and safety consultant are pragmatic and offer a solution for all our health and safety concerns. Advisors on the health and safety advice line are always friendly, they are always willing to assist and nothing is too much trouble. The health and safety management system offers a super way to track all health and safety and is easy to use.
Ms Leena Ronson - HR Officer
Pulse Lights Clinic Ltd
See how our services make HR and health & safety simple:
On-site audit and risk assessment
Our consultants visit your salon and provide you with everything you need to stay safe.
- Practical straightforward advice – we focus on what’s important to you and your business.
- Identify your workplace risks – remove any hazards to protect your clients, staff, and visitors.
Written policies and documentation
Our experts will write your HR and health & safety policies for you – so you don’t have to.
- We take care of the time-consuming documentation – saving you hours of hard work.
- Our policies are written by legal experts – protecting you from any claims or tribunals.
- The UK’s leading HR experts – watertight documentation from trusted consultants.
For each year of your contract, your local consultant gets in touch to review your health & safety processes.
- Make sure your business stays up to date with the latest HSE guidelines.
- Our consultants are fully trained to help you with any concerns or queries.
BrightSafe’s software helps you keep on top of your health and safety management. It’s an easy-to-use tool that gives you the power to:
- Create and manage risk assessments to HSE standards, including COVID-19 risk assessments
- Add tasks to help you manage control measures and reduce hazards in your workplace
- Record any accidents and carry out investigations in line with HSE reporting standards
- Learn online with expert courses – stay up to speed with the latest guidance and boost your skills
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage your health & safety tasks on the go with the BrightSafe app which lets you:
- Review risks instantly – upload images and see whether you need to act.
- Stay on top of assessments – set reminders so you won’t ever miss a deadline.
- Complete CPD courses – level up your health & safety skills at a time that suits you.
- Speak to consultants – get expert advice within just a click.
24/7 advice service
Got an urgent health & safety or HR issue? You can phone our expert consultants at any time - day or night.
- Call any time – whenever you need us, we’ll always be here to answer your call.
- Unlimited support – you can access our advice as many times as you like.
- UK-based consultants – we never outsource our service to anyone but our leading experts.
Make sure your premises are free from asbestos with our expert support.
- We can organise your Asbestos Management Plan for you
- Our health & safety experts can help you with any asbestos concerns
We’ll make sure your business meets the correct ISO standards.
- ISO 45001 standards – be confident your workplace will pass any health & safety review.
- ISO support – our consultants can help you gain accreditation and give you detailed feedback.
Manage your health & safety in a click
When you work in the hair and beauty sector, health & safety isn’t always easy to get right. On top of helping people look and feel their best, there’s also lots of potential hazards to think about.
But with BrightSafe, the power is in your hands. You can securely access your policies in a click. You can easily make risk assessments with templates and step-by-step guides. And you can even learn online and boost your health & safety skills on the go.
With BrightSafe, you can speak to our consultants whenever you like – day or night. And since our consultants are all members of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), you’ll be in the right hands.
Flawless HR advice for hair and beauty businesses
The beauty industry is fast-paced and hands-on. If you don’t have the time to deal with HR issues, we’re here to help.
Here are some of the most common HR issues in the beauty business:
- Employment status – such as rent-a-chair staff, contractors, or self-employed workers
- Making sure tips are dealt with fairly
- Workplace conflict between team members
- Grievance procedures
And while these issues are common, you might not have the in-house experience to resolve them on your own – especially if you own a small business.
Our HR consultants can support you with whatever issues you face. You can speak to the UK’s leading experts whenever you like with our 24/7 helpline. And that’s not all – we’ll take care of your time-consuming paperwork and provide expert support when you need it most.