Health & safety for hair and beauty
Whether you work in a salon or visit your clients, we’ll take the hassle out of your HR and health & safety.
Our consultants support hundreds of hairdressers and beauty salons across the UK. And to keep your workplace safe and risk-free, we can do the same for you.
Here to support the hair and beauty industry
The beauty sector is one of the most accident-prone industries. And that means managing health & safety in hairdressing and beauty can be a demanding job.
When accidents happen, the legal responsibility lies with you – the employer. So you'll need to do all you can to protect your staff, contractors, visitors, and clients.
That's why we're here to reduce your risk. Our consultants can visit your workplace to identify any hazards and help you remove them.
And with our 24/7 helpline, you can speak to a qualified health & safety consultant whenever you need support. Whether you need advice on following HSE hairdressing guidance or handling hazardous substances, our experts are here to help.
Our experience with health and safety has been nothing short of outstanding. Action plans formulated by the health and safety consultant are pragmatic and offer a solution for all our health and safety concerns. Advisors on the health and safety advice line are always friendly, they are always willing to assist and nothing is too much trouble. The health and safety management system offers a super way to track all health and safety and is easy to use.
Ms Leena Ronson - HR Officer
Pulse Lights Clinic Ltd
See how our services make HR and health & safety simple:
On-site audit and risk assessment
Our consultants visit your salon and provide you with everything you need to stay safe.
- Practical straightforward advice – we focus on what’s important to you and your business.
- Identify your workplace risks – remove any hazards to protect your clients, staff, and visitors.
Written policies and documentation
Our experts will write your HR and health & safety policies for you – so you don’t have to.
- We take care of the time-consuming documentation – saving you hours of hard work.
- Our policies are written by legal experts – protecting you from any claims or tribunals.
- The UK’s leading HR experts – watertight documentation from trusted consultants.
For each year of your contract, your local consultant gets in touch to review your health & safety processes.
- Make sure your business stays up to date with the latest HSE guidelines.
- Our consultants are fully trained to help you with any concerns or queries.
BrightSafe’s software helps you keep on top of your health and safety management. It’s an easy-to-use tool that gives you the power to:
- Create and manage risk assessments to HSE standards, including COVID-19 risk assessments
- Add tasks to help you manage control measures and reduce hazards in your workplace
- Record any accidents and carry out investigations in line with HSE reporting standards
- Learn online with expert courses – stay up to speed with the latest guidance and boost your skills
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage your health & safety tasks on the go with the BrightSafe app which lets you:
- Review risks instantly – upload images and see whether you need to act.
- Stay on top of assessments – set reminders so you won’t ever miss a deadline.
- Complete CPD courses – level up your health & safety skills at a time that suits you.
- Speak to consultants – get expert advice within just a click.
24/7 advice service
Got an urgent health & safety or HR issue? You can phone our expert consultants at any time - day or night.
- Call any time – whenever you need us, we’ll always be here to answer your call.
- Unlimited support – you can access our advice as many times as you like.
- UK-based consultants – we never outsource our service to anyone but our leading experts.
Make sure your premises are free from asbestos with our expert support.
- We can organise your Asbestos Management Plan for you
- Our health & safety experts can help you with any asbestos concerns
We’ll make sure your business meets the correct ISO standards.
- ISO 45001 standards – be confident your workplace will pass any health & safety review.
- ISO support – our consultants can help you gain accreditation and give you detailed feedback.
Manage your health & safety in a click
Hairdressing HSE guidance. Hazardous substances. Keeping your salon spotless...
There's lots to think about when you manage health & safety in beauty. On top of helping people look and feel their best, you need to constantly reduce risk and manage hazards.
But with BrightSafe, the power is in your hands. You can securely access your policies in a click. You can easily make risk assessments with templates and step-by-step guides. And you can even learn online and boost your health & safety skills on the go.
With BrightSafe, you can speak to our consultants whenever you like – day or night. And since our consultants are all members of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), you’ll be in the right hands.
Flawless HR advice for hair and beauty businesses
The beauty industry is fast-paced and hands-on. If you don’t have the time to deal with HR issues, we’re here to help.
Here are some of the most common HR issues in the beauty business:
- Employment status – such as rent-a-chair staff, contractors, or self-employed workers
- Making sure tips are dealt with fairly
- Workplace conflict between team members
- Grievance procedures
And while these issues are common, you might not have the in-house experience to resolve them on your own – especially if you own a small business.
Our HR consultants can support you with whatever issues you face. You can speak to the UK’s leading experts whenever you like with our 24/7 helpline. And that’s not all – we’ll take care of your time-consuming paperwork and provide expert support when you need it most.