Helping you manage your leisure business
Whether you run a swimming pool, spa, fitness suite, or a play centre, we’re here to help you manage your people and reduce your risk.
And you’ll be in good company – we support some of the largest leisure providers in the UK, like The Gym Group and Bannatyne. Read on to see how we could help you, too.
We make your health & safety our priority…
So it’s just one less thing for you to think about.
As an employer, you’re responsible for protecting your staff and any visitors enjoying your facilities. But when you’re so busy delivering a five-star service, it can be hard to juggle complex health & safety guidelines.
To help you reduce risk and prevent claims, we’re here to help. From offering 24/7 advice to supporting your risk assessments, our qualified consultants will take the hassle out of your health & safety.
It means you’ll never have to worry about failing a visit from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or your local authority Environmental Health Officer (EHO) again.
The Gym Group - We’ve been working with Peninsula for over 10 years and during that time they have supported in the development of our health and safety management system as well as delivering an annual audit schedule of over 180 sites.
They have an active role within our health and safety steering committee and provide comprehensive reports and analysis which are also confidently presented at Board level stakeholders. We have formed an excellent working relationship with the team of consultants appointed to work on our contract and likewise with other key stakeholders within Peninsula.
Joey Franco – H&S Manager
Get ahead with our range of health & safety and HR services:
On-site audit and risk assessment
A qualified consultant will visit your workplace and provide the support you need to stay safe.
- Straightforward, jargon-free advice – you want to get on with what you do best, so we’ll keep things simple.
- Know your workplace risks – we’ll identify hazards so you can protect your members, visitors, and employees.
- Make sure you meet HSE standards – so you can be confident you’re compliant with the law.
Policies and documentation
We’ll write your HR and health & safety policies for you – saving you many hours of time and effort.
- Expert legal guidance– protect your staff, members, visitors, and business with our support.
- Leave the hard work to us – save time and effort as we take care of time-consuming paperwork.
- Watertight legal policies – why take the risk from inconsistent or poorly-written policies?
Get the reassurance and advice you need for each year of your service.
- Annual check-ins – so you’ll know your business always meets the latest laws.
- Expert advice – our consultants are fully qualified to handle any concern or query.
BrightSafe software helps you keep on top of your health & safety duties.
- Create risk assessments – we make life simple with step-by-step guides and templates.
- Keep your policies in one place – never lose paperwork again with our secure system.
- Level up your skills with online training – learn the latest guidance and boost your skills on the go.
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage your health & safety tasks on the go with the BrightSafe app.
- Identify hazards in real-time – and instantly know whether you need to act.
- See which tasks need completing – so you will never miss a deadline.
- Complete e-learning courses on the go – at a time that suits you.
- Contact our experts at the touch of a button – wherever you are.
24/7 advice service
Enjoy access to unlimited 24/7 health & safety or HR advice from our consultants.
- Call as many times as you need – we won’t put a cap on the support you can receive.
- 24/7 support – whether it’s first thing in the morning or the middle of the night, you can call any time.
- UK-based advisors – enjoy quality advice from a consultant who’s local to you.
We’ll help you remove the risk of asbestos from your premises.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Our health & safety experts will talk you through your best course of action.
We’ll make sure you meet ISO requirements – and we can help you become accredited, too.
- We follow ISO 45001 standards – so you never need to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
- Become ISO accredited – our consultants can help you with your qualification.
Protect your people with BrightSafe
In the leisure industry, it can feel like there are heaps of accidents just waiting to happen. From slips and falls to dangerous equipment, you need to do all you can to prevent risk in your business.
Our health & safety consultants know the ins and outs of the leisure industry. It means they can help you deal with risks specific to your business, like:
- Lifeguard positions (if you require them).
- Lifeguard zone visibility tests.
- Getting the right bather load for swimming pools and fitness classes.
- Correctly installing any fitness suite equipment.
- Swimming pool water testing regimes, including legionella.
And with BrightSafe, you can get expert health & safety support at the touch of a button. From learning guidance on the go to saving your policies in one place, our time-saving software makes life simple.
Managing staff is simple with Peninsula
Your staff are your greatest asset. From providing a winning service to keeping your premises spotless, you couldn’t succeed without them.
But when it comes to managing staff in the leisure industry, there are certain employment issues you need to handle. And when you’re so busy looking after your facilities, there’s not always enough time to provide the right HR support.
Here are the most common HR issues in leisure:
- Employment status – whether your staff are classed as employees, workers, or self-employed contractors
- Handling migrant workers’ right to work in the UK
- National minimum wage, particularly when workers sleep during overnight on-call shifts
Instead of handling these issues alone, you can leave it all to the UK’s leading HR experts. Whether we’re supporting you through a redundancy or helping you calculate sick pay, you’ll always enjoy practical and no-nonsense advice.