We’re here to support retail business owners
When you work in retail, your customers always come first. But that doesn’t mean your health & safety and HR should fall second place.
Our consultants make it their priority – so you don’t need to. It’s why hundreds of retail business owners over the UK choose to save time with Peninsula support.
Leave your health & safety to the experts
Every year, the retail industry reports countless accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities. And whether it’s a slip, trip, fall, or manual handling injury, the responsibility lies with you – the employer.
To avoid legal claims, you need to make sure your premises and equipment are safe to use. You’re also responsible for creating and enforcing your health & safety policy.
You can expect inspection and enforcement from:
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Local Authority Environmental Health Officers (EHO)
- Fire Authority
However, you don’t need to carry all the weight yourself. You can leave the hard work to health & safety experts.
So if you’d rather focus on giving your customers your full attention, we’re here to help. Whether we’re writing your policies or guiding you through risk assessments, Peninsula makes health & safety simple – from start to finish.
“Best support we've ever got”
We're a very small business of 5 employees. Our HSE consultant has been very helpful for us to understand everything HSE-related, patiently addressed all our questions during the starting process. I personally have anxiety when it comes to HSE and the H&S department helped us to get up to date with everything and there are no grey areas left. Peninsula is highly recommended.
Rengin Ozturk - Company Director
Pink Positive Ltd
See how our services can help you get ahead with health & safety and HR:
On-site audit and assessment
Our consultants will visit your workplace and provide you with your next steps to stay safe.
- Practical advice in plain English – we’ll keep things simple and avoid using complex jargon.
- Keep your people safe – we’ll identify hazards so you can avoid harming your staff.
- Stay compliant – with our support, you can be confident you meet HSE standards.
Policies and documentation
We’ll take care of your health & safety and HR policies – so you won’t need to spend hours on complicated paperwork.
- Avoid risks – share our policies with your staff to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Outsource the hard work – save your time for what matters most.
- Watertight policies – avoid legal claims with our expert documentation.
Make sure your business is safe and compliant for each year of your contract.
- Annual check-ins – you can be confident your shop always meets the latest HSE guidelines.
- Friendly experts – our consultants always make sure you’re happy with your service.
Stay on top of your health & safety duties with our time-saving tools.
- Easy risk assessments – make health & safety simple with handy guides and templates.
- Store your policies online – never lose paperwork again and keep everything in one place.
- Boost your skills with online training – learn the latest guidance on the go.
BrightSafe health & safety app
The BrightSafe app helps you deal with health & safety duties at the touch of a button.
- Reduce risk in real-time – check for hazards and see whether you need to act.
- Stay on top of your deadlines – see which tasks you need to complete.
- Learn on the go – stay up-to-date with the latest guidelines.
- Advice at the touch of a button – get expert help, wherever you are.
24/7 advice service
Call our health & safety consultants at a time that suits you.
- Unlimited support – you can access our advice as many times as you like.
- 24/7 helpline – call us whenever you need our support.
- UK-based advisors – all your health & safety issues are resolved in-house
We’ll help you remove the risk of asbestos from your premises.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Our health & safety experts will talk you through your best course of action.
We’ll make sure you meet ISO requirements – and we can help you become accredited, too.
- We follow ISO 45001 standards – so you never need to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
- Become ISO accredited – our consultants can help you with your qualification.
It’s easy to stay safe with BrightSafe
In the world of retail, there’s often little time to deal with paperwork. You’re too busy doing what you do best – helping your customers get the service they need.
But that doesn’t mean your health & safety should take a back seat.
That’s where we can help. Our consultants are all members of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). So you can be sure you’re receiving the best possible advice to keep your people safe.
And with BrightSafe, it’s simple to stay on top of things. You can store all your policies in one place. You can create risk assessments with step-by-step guides and templates. And you can speak to health & safety consultants at the touch of a button – whenever you like.
Stay on top of staff issues with the leading HR experts
In retail, your staff are everything. Whether your team are hitting their targets or helping your customers, you couldn’t succeed without them.
But when it comes to managing staff, you could face a wide range of concerns. Here are just some of the issues you could deal with in retail:
- Till shortages and whether you can deduct wages to cover the shortfall
- National Minimum Wage laws when employees pay for their own uniforms, stay behind for bag searches, or arrive early for team meetings
- Zero hour contracts and their restrictions
- Fairly managing staff on fixed term contracts
- Sticking to redundancy rules when you have more than one shop or branch
To help you navigate these tricky circumstances, our consultants are here to help. With our 24/7 helpline, you can speak to a HR expert – day or night.
And that’s not all. Because we’ll also take care of your employee policies, provide you with professional support, and support you through any redundancies or tribunals.