The management and staff of Peninsula recognise that our operations have an effect on local, regional and global environment We are committed to provide continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. Every effort will be made to conserve resources throughout our operations. Our purchasing department will seek products and services of local origin and that are environmentally friendly, Peninsula maintain that a part of its environmental strategy is sustainable waste management and we recognise our responsibility to recycle materials where possible, we will minimise waste, and dispose through safe and responsible methods. Environmental laws and regulations will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance.
Policy AimsRegistration and compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements. We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to do.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will use the “green” vehicles and maintain them rigorously.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
Monitoring and Improvement
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licence and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with supplier, contractors and sub contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.