Health & safety for care providers
Whether you work in a care home or carry out home visits, we help you meet HSE standards – so you can focus on delivering excellent care.
It’s why so many UK care providers choose us for HR and health & safety support.
Helping you deliver excellent care
Managing health & safety in care homes can feel like a full time job. From making sure your premises are safe to following specific HSG220 requirements, there’s a lot to consider.
Because along with HSE rules, you also need to follow the guidelines set out by UK care bodies:
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) in England
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW) in Wales
- Or IS in Scotland
We help you meet all these standards and more – so you’ll never have to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
From offering 24/7 health & safety advice to writing your policies, we’ll help you protect your staff and patients. It means you can spend less time on paperwork and more time helping your patients receive the care they deserve.
Peninsula H&S services have been instrumental in taking the development of our BSO platform to the next level by helping us to tailor it around our specific business needs.
They have also developed a bespoke H and S training workshop which they then delivered to my staff, as well as helping us to design a suite of auditing documentation which enables us to ensure H and S remains at key priority and the relevant tasks have been completed. With the H&S support and that of BSO we are constantly improving our H and S practices and are committed to becoming a model of excellence.
Peninsula have been our Health and Safety Advisor for nearly 4 years. During this time they have provided us with an excellent service through a 24/7 advisory on-line system. We are also supplied with a personal consultant, who has given us outstanding service and professional advice often with little notice from ourselves. As part of the service we get visits by the Consultant to all our sites. These have been invaluable particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic highlighting improvements we can make to ensure the safety of our staff and mitigating the difficulties and challenges of sharing office and communal space with other organisations.
Peninsula also provide us with a suite of Health & Safety documentation including policies, procedures, good practice guides and relevant forms. These are adapted to ensure they fit with the organisation, refreshed and updated when needed and are straightforward and easy to understand. Having Peninsula as our health and safety provider has given us the assurance and peace of mind. I would highly recommend Peninsula to any organisation.
David Beardow - Governance Officer
Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Top tier service on all fronts, no matter what advice, guidance or help you need. Peninsula has a personable, knowledgeable and experienced consultant available. We operate in a niche market and nonetheless Peninsula has been able to facilitate our needs with an outstanding level of professionalism and effectiveness at every step. In particular we would like to highlight our H&S Consultant from Peninsula for whom nothing is too much, too difficult or complex. Superb service from him and the team at large.
Sanjiv Patel – Director
Take the hassle out HR and health & safety with our range of services:
On-site audit and assessment
Our consultants can visit your workplace and provide you with everything you need to stay safe
- Practical advice in plain English – you want to focus on what’s important, so we’ll stick to the essentials
- Identify your workplace risks – we’ll make sure nothing can harm your patients or staff
- Meet every HSE requirement – so you can feel confident you’re fully compliant
Policies and documentation
We’ll write your HR or health & safety policies, so you can provide the highest level of protection.
- Expert guidelines – protect yourself, your staff, and your patients with our support
- Outsource your documentation – save time and effort as we do the legal legwork
- Watertight policies – don’t risk any legal claims with inconsistent or poorly-written policies
Get the reassurance and advice you need for each year of your contract.
- Yearly check-ins – so you’ll know your business is up to speed with the latest requirements
- Expert advice – our consultants are highly trained to answer any concern or query
BrightSafe software helps you keep on top of your health & safety management.
- Create risk assessments – save time with step-by-step guides and handy templates
- Keep your policies in one place – never lose paperwork again with our secure system
- Expert online training – learn the latest guidance and boost your skills
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage your health & safety tasks on the go with the BrightSafe app.
- Identify hazards in real-time – and instantly know if you need to act
- See which tasks need completing – so you’ll never miss a deadline
- Complete e-learning courses on the go – at a time that suits you
- Contact experts at the touch of a button – wherever you are
24/7 advice service
Got a health & safety or HR issue? Phone our expert consultants at a time that suits you – day or night.
- 24/7 helpline – even if you’re working the night shift, we’ll always pick up the phone.
- Unlimited support – phone us as many times as you like.
- UK-based experts – quality advice from our in-house consultants.
Get health & safety for care right with BrightSafe
The care sector is a hands-on industry. Because on top of providing exceptional care, you also need to reduce the risk from potentially dangerous hazards - like making sure patients can use bed rails safely or preventing trips and falls.
With so much to consider, you might not have the time to manage health & safety on top of your other day-to-day duties.
That’s why we’ll support you through your risk assessments. It’s why we’ll help you save time by taking care of your care home health & safety policies. And it’s why we’re here to provide 24/7 advice whenever you need it.
Our consultants are all members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management – so you can be confident you’re getting the right advice to keep your staff and patients safe.
Leave your HR to the UK’s leading experts
Working in care can be demanding. When you’re dedicated to looking after your patients, juggling any staff issues might seem like a big task.
That’s why we help care providers deal with their common HR concerns:
- Making the right recruitment decisions and carrying out necessary suitability checks
- Checking migrant workers’ right to work in the UK
- Managing zero hour contracts
- Making sure you meet national minimum wage laws, particularly with sleep-in shifts or travel between service user visits
And it doesn’t end there. From redundancies to tribunals, we’re here to support you through whatever you’re dealing with.
Our HR consultants are here to help you save time and reduce risk. From writing your employee policies to providing you with 24/7 advice, you can rely on our experts to take the hassle out of your HR.