Health & safety support for construction
With our in-depth knowledge of the construction industry, we can help you deal with whatever life throws at you – from dangerous hazards to day-to-day employee issues.
It's why thousands of construction businesses choose Peninsula for health & safety and HR support.
Managing hazards on the construction site...
With tens of thousands of injuries recorded in construction each year, you’ll face many rules and regulations.
But managing health & safety on construction sites is more than just meeting certain guidelines. It’s about protecting lives.
Meeting HSE rules in construction isn’t always straightforward – as you need to consider the safety of your staff, contractors, and clients. And no matter whether your client is commercial or domestic, you need to take every step to make sure you get the job done safely.
We can help you with every aspect of your health & safety management. That includes site set-up and layout, training, construction phase plans, supporting you through risk assessments – and much more. And with our 24/7 helpline, you can speak to a construction health & safety advisor whenever you need help.
After a painful few days trying to deal with an accreditation our H&S consultant answered a plea for emergency help and was with us within an hour, he offered easy to understand, expertly knowledgeable assistance in our hour of need. He was courteous, polite, covid friendly and willing to stay until we had gone through everything required with a fine tooth comb. He also identified areas that needed addressing or updating within our H&S practices and made sure these were also completed with our full understanding.
Sam Liggins - Office Manager
UK Spotless LTD
As a rapidly expanding access hire company, we have looked to Peninsula to provide solid advice and support as if it were the company’s own Health & Safety Department and they have done this very well. The BusinessSafe portal is a great tool both in terms of a reference library for all things health and safety and for assisting with the production of mandatory reports such as risk assessments and updating of company policies. Peninsula’s advisors are always polite and very knowledgeable. I would recommend Peninsula to any start-up company.
Caroline Fleckney – Director
Liftright Access Limited - Bedford
See how our services can help you get ahead with your health & safety:
On-site audit and assessment
Our consultants will come to your site and identify any construction risks.
- Construction-based advice – from hazardous substances to noise problems, we’ll identify every risk on your site.
- Protect your team – we’ll make sure your staff and clients avoid any harm.
- Stay compliant – our experts will help you meet tricky HSE standards.
Policies and documentation
We’ll take care of all your health & safety documentation.
- Clear guidance – share easy-to-read policies with your staff so they know how to stay safe.
- Outsource the hard work – save time and allow our experts to write your policies.
- Avoid legal disputes – our legal experts will create watertight policies to protect you.
Touch base with your local health & safety consultant each year you’re with us.
- Yearly reviews – keep up with the latest HSE guidelines, no matter what changes.
- Advice built around you – however your business adapts each year, we’ll offer advice to see you through.
Protecting your staff is easy with our time-saving technology.
- Simple risk assessments – use our step-by-step guides and templates.
- Store documents securely – keep everything in one place and easily share your policies with staff.
- Stay up-to-date with online training – boost your health & safety skills on the go.
BrightSafe health & safety app
The BrightSafe app means you can manage day-to-day health & safety duties on the go.
- Identify risks immediately – upload images instantly and see whether you need to act.
- Stay on top of your risk assessments – set reminders so you’ll never miss a deadline.
- Complete CPD-accredited courses – at a time that suits you.
- Instant support – get expert help, at the tap of a button.
24/7 advice service
Call our qualified health & safety consultants whenever you need support.
- Unlimited support – you can access our advice as many times as you like.
- 24/7 helpline – call us whenever you need help with your health & safety.
- UK-based consultants – we don’t outsource our support.
We’ll help you identify and remove asbestos from your premises.
- Demolition and refurbishment – we can help you prepare your survey before you remove any buildings or structures.
- Asbestos Management Plan – we can arrange your plan and help you with your next steps.
Get ISO accreditation support from the experts.
- ISO 45001 guidelines – all the health & safety guidance we provide meets the right ISO standards.
- ISO accreditation support – if you’re interested in getting an ISO qualification, we can support you.
Hassle-free health & safety with BrightSafe
We know how hard it can be to manage health & safety in construction.
From electrical faults to moving objects, there are all kinds of hazards to manage. And with tight schedules to work towards, it can be hard to keep track.
That’s why we're specially trained to support you – from identifying risks to helping you meet tricky HSE requirements, our advisors understand the specific issues you face.
As our consultants are all members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), you can feel confident you’re getting the right advice to stay safe.
And with BrightSafe, you can speak to our experts at the touch of a button – any time you like. Plus, you can create risk assessments with handy templates, stay up to speed with the latest guidance, and securely record any accidents.
Let the experts take care of your HR concerns
On top of preventing workplace hazards, you also need to take care of specific employee needs. And without dedicated HR support, it can be hard to know where to begin.
Here are just some of the HR issues you could face in construction:
- Employment status – are your workforce employees, workers, or self-employed contractors?
- Checking your staff have the right to work in the UK
- Preventing discrimination and harassment
- Dealing with absence
- Managing employees’ capability and health problems
But you needn’t deal with these issues alone. From calculating sick pay to dealing with redundancies, our HR specialists can support you with whatever life throws at your business. As a Peninsula HR client, you can call our helpline whenever you need advice – day or night.