First class support for educational settings
Our HR and health & safety consultants help teachers save time and reduce risk.
From identifying classroom hazards to resolving staff issues, we’ll take the weight off your shoulders – so you can give your pupils your full attention.
Managing health & safety in the classroom
Working in education can be a rewarding yet demanding job. So when you need to keep up with strict health & safety guidelines, it can be hard to find the time.
Along with inspections from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities, you also need to meet educational standards like OFSTED. And with all these requirements, managing health & safety is an incredibly time-consuming job.
Our health & safety experts give you the support you need to pass every inspection. You can speak to a consultant whenever you like, get professional support with your risk assessments, and enjoy watertight documentation written by a team of experts.
Absolutely 5 star service from Peninsula UK. Helpful, informative staff who genuinely want to see your business succeed in every way. Peninsula are an essential part of everything we do now, with industry specific, tailored packages to suit our needs.
Sheena Partington - Head of Business
St Chad's Community Enterprises t/a St Chads PreSchool
See how our services can take the hassle out of HR and health & safety:
On-site audit and risk assessment
Our qualified consultants will visit your classroom or learning environment to identify any hazards.
- OFSTED-based advice – we’ll tell you how you can pass inspections and stay safe.
- Protect your pupils – from school trips to lessons, keep your pupils out of harm’s way.
- Meet HSE laws – you can be confident your school meets all the strict health requirements.
Policies and documentation
Spend less time writing complex HR and health & safety policies
- Clear guidance – everything you need to know to keep your classroom safe.
- Free up your time – we’ll write your policies so you can avoid time-consuming paperwork.
- Avoid legal disputes – follow our watertight guidance to protect your staff.
No matter how health & safety guidelines change, your consultant will make sure you’re still fully compliant.
- Qualified experts – we adapt our support around OFSTED and ISO guidelines.
- Yearly support – no matter what changes in the education sector, we’ll make sure you’re still safe.
Reduce risk and manage health & safety tasks with our secure software.
- Save time – it’s easy to create risk assessments with our guides and templates.
- Safe software – store all your policies in one place with our secure database.
- Access e-learning – stay up to speed with online health & safety training.
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage health & safety tasks on the go, wherever you are.
- Review risks instantly – upload images and see whether you need to act.
- Stay on top of assessments – set reminders so you won’t ever miss a deadline.
- Complete CPD courses – level up your health & safety skills at a time that suits you.
- Speak to consultants – get expert advice at the click of a button.
24/7 advice service
You can speak to our qualified consultants whenever you need advice.
- Unlimited support – no matter how many times you need us, we’re always here.
- 24/7 helpline – we’re here every minute of every day.
- UK-based advice – you’ll always receive expert support from a local consultant.
We’ll help remove the risk of asbestos from your school or educational environment.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Or health & safety experts will talk you through your best course of action.
We’ll make sure you meet ISO requirements – and we can help you become accredited, too.
- We follow ISO 45001 standards – so you never need to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
- Become ISO accredited – our consultants can help you with your qualification.
Health & safety made easy with BrightSafe
Nurseries, schools, pupil referral units, and universities all over the UK choose to save time with our support. And it’s easy to see why.
Our consultants are all members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). That means when you call for advice, you can be confident you’re staying up to date with latest guidelines.
And with BrightSafe, it’s easy to stay on top of your health & safety duties. You can create risk assessments on the go with templates and guides, set reminders to review risks, and speak to an expert at the tap of a button.
Make your time go further with expert HR support
From recruiting staff to dealing with trade unions, there are many employment laws you need to consider in education. And without the right support, you could spend far too much time sifting through complex policies and jargon – and not enough time with your pupils.
Here are a few of the most common HR issues in education:
- Recruitment and pre-employment checks
- Terms of employment and collective agreements
- Dealing with trade unions
- Managing absence and capability
- Managing grievances
- Taking care of staff wellbeing
We support plenty of educational bodies across the UK with their employee issues. With our support, teachers can just get on with what they do best – without all the time-consuming admin or paperwork.
Become a Peninsula HR client and you can speak to a qualified consultant whenever you like. And we’ll also take care of your documentation and help you pass every inspection.