Health & safety for hospitality and catering
While you serve your customers, we’re here to provide expert health & safety and HR support.
From restaurants to hotels, we support thousands of hospitality businesses across the UK. If you’d like to save time and reduce risk, we can do the same for you.
Here to serve your hospitality business
In the hospitality industry, there’s plenty of regulations you need to follow. And whether it’s HSE catering requirements or food hygiene rules, you’re responsible for making sure your business is compliant.
Your customers won’t want to visit an unsafe or unhygienic environment – especially when it comes to catering. So whether you're managing health & safety in your restaurant or bar, there's a lot at stake.
That’s why our consultants are here to help you pass every inspection. We’ll carry out on-site assessments so you’re confident your workplace is risk-free. We’ll create policies to keep your team safe. And we’ll provide you with expert advice whenever you have a concern or query.
It's just some of the ways we help hardworking business owners like you.
The peninsula team are very friendly and very approachable. They offer good advice and answer any questions you have to run your company effectively, abiding by the rules. They let you know where things need to be approved.
Very professional, easy to understand and discuss any questions or issues we had with the H&S consultant. He was efficient and understanding to help with our temporary changes in working due to COVID 19
See how our health & safety and HR services can help you :
On-site audit and risk assessment
A qualified consultant will visit your site and provide the support you need to stay safe.
- Straightforward, jargon-free advice – you want to get on with what you do best, so we’ll keep things simple.
- Keep your workers safe – we’ll identify hazards so you can avoid accidents and injuries.
- Meet every requirement – from HSE to the Environment Agency rules, you can be confident you’re compliant with the law.
Policies and documentation
We’ll write your health & safety and HR policies for you – saving you time and effort.
- Expert guidance– provide your workers with practical rules to stay safe.
- Leave the hard work to us – we’ll take care of the time-consuming paperwork.
- Legally compliant policies – avoid disputes and claims with our watertight documentation.
Get the reassurance and advice you need for each year of your service.
- Annual check-ins – however regulations change, we’ll make sure you’re always compliant.
- Expert advice – our consultants are fully qualified to handle any concern or query.
BrightSafe software helps you keep on top of your health & safety duties.
- Create risk assessments – save time with our step-by-step guides and templates.
- Safely store policies – never lose track of your guidelines with our secure system.
- Stay up-to-date with rules – learn the latest guidance and boost your skills online.
BrightSafe health & safety app
Manage your health & safety tasks on the go with the BrightSafe app.
- Identify hazards in real-time – and instantly know whether you need to act.
- See which assessments need completing – so you will never miss a deadline.
- Complete e-learning courses on the go – at a time that suits you.
- Speak to experts instantly – wherever you are.
24/7 advice service
Enjoy access to unlimited 24/7 health & safety or HR advice from our consultants.
- Call as many times as you need – we won’t put a cap on the support you can receive.
- 24/7 support – whether it’s first thing in the morning or the middle of the night, you can call any time.
- UK-based advisors – enjoy quality advice from a consultant who’s local to you.
We’ll help you remove the risk of asbestos from your premises.
- We can carry out your Asbestos Management Plan on your behalf.
- Our health & safety experts will talk you through your best course of action.
We’ll make sure you meet ISO requirements – and we can help you become accredited, too.
- We follow ISO 45001 standards – so you never need to worry about failing a health & safety inspection.
- Become ISO accredited – our consultants can provide feedback and guidance to help you with your qualification.
Enjoy hassle-free health & safety with BrightSafe
From slippery surfaces to sharp knives, there are countless hazards in hospitality. And when accidents happen, you could face a costly legal claim.
With in-depth knowledge of your industry, our consultants can help you reduce this risk. Since all our consultants are members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), you’re in safe hands.
And with BrightSafe, you can stay on top of your duties in just a few clicks. Whether you’re reviewing hotel hazards on the go or creating a risk assessment with handy templates, it's easy to stay safe and meet HSE rules.
Get award-winning HR support for your business
Working in hospitality can often mean long days and non-stop shifts. When you’re so busy serving your customers, employee issues might not take priority.
But without dealing with staff concerns correctly, you could risk a high turnover – or even a legal dispute.
That’s why we’re here to help you deal with your common HR issues:
- Avoiding national minimum wage breaches, like when staff pay for their own uniform
- Checking employees’ right to work in the UK
- Zero hour contracts and their restrictions
- Understanding the laws on working at night
- Making sure the laws around young workers are put in practice
But our support doesn’t end there. From redundancies to tribunals, our HR experts can help with whatever you’re going though.
With our 24/7 helpline, you can speak to a qualified HR consultant whenever you like. And you can also leave all your employee policies and documentation to us – so you can save time and focus on your customers.