The Government has released details on this year’s increases to the National Minimum Wage.
With effect from 1st October 2011, the rates will be as follows:
• the adult rate (age 21 and above) will increase to £6.08 an hour;
• the rate for 18 -20 year olds will increase to £4.98 an hour;
• the rate for 16 -17 year olds will increase to £3.68 an hour;
• the rate for apprentices will increase to £2.60 an hour; and
• the accommodation offset will increase to £4.73 per day.
The Government will also ensure that:
• the commissioning policies of local authorities and the NHS reflect the actual costs of care including the National Minimum Wage;
• steps are taken to raise awareness of the rules applying to payment of the National Minimum Wage for those undertaking internships, all other forms of work experience, and volunteering opportunities; and
• these rules are effectively enforced by HMRC using its investigative powers
For more information regarding the National Minimum Wage increases, please contact our 24 Hour Advice Service today on 0844 892 2772.