Location:Manchester Salary:£22000 - £25000 per annum
Litigation Executive / In-house Paralegal
Based in the Manchester Head Office (City Centre)
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Up to £25,000 depending on experience + excellent company benefits
This role involves working in the Litigation Team at the Manchester Head Office, delivering successful commercial litigation recoveries on behalf of Companies within The Peninsula Group.
The post holder will be working towards professional legal qualification or have directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast-paced but supportive team environment. This position has a huge emphasis on care alongside a commercial approach and due to this the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills.
- Point of contact for any issues referred internally from the Group to the litigation team, ensuring full details are taken and systems are updates to reflect this.
- Managing own caseload while working to deadlines and court timeframes.
- Handling mediations between the business and its members.
- Renegotiating contracts when appropriate.
- Taking witness statements.
- Issue proceedings and relevant documentation.
- Handling of disputes arising between Group members, former members, colleagues, former colleagues or third parties.
- Working closely with internal departments such as in house legal, finance and credit control.
- Maximising litigation recoveries whilst managing costs to achieve the best commercial result available
- Ad hoc duties to support the litigation team.
- The post holder will be working towards professional legal qualification or have directly relevant experience
- A genuine desire to learn and understand the commercial aspects of The Group to maximise recovery
- A dynamic strategic approach including the ability to analyse and manage risk
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced setting
This is a really great opportunity to assume full conduct of cases and get real job satisfaction from problem solving, developing relationships with the Group and following something through to an outcome. There’s opportunity to develop your career further if you wish, but whatever your starting point, you are guaranteed to grow and develop your knowledge and abilities and to feel that you are making a real difference
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays rising to 28 with years’ service
- Birthday off work!
- Social events throughout the year
- Company profit share ( non-contractual )
- Generous Christmas bonus after 3 years’ service